Oliver attended the University of California, Irvine where he graduated cum laude in 2001 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. Following college, Oliver attended law school at American University, Washington College of Law in Washington, D.C. During law school, Oliver served as a law clerk with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. He also served as a Note and Comment Editor for the Administrative Law Review. Oliver was admitted to the California State Bar in 2004.
Prior to joining SLP, Oliver worked as a health care attorney, representing hospitals, health systems and other health care providers in health care litigation and managed care contracting. In addition, as a litigator, Oliver also represented public entities such as the Los Angeles County, the City of Pasadena and the Regents of the University of California in insurance defense matters.
- University of California, Irvine
- American University, Washington College of Law
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California